POETRY THAT BRINGS WORDS TO LIFE

Photobucket

Sunday 18 March 2012

Twin Poem


Inspiration For This Poem
I was inspired this poem because of the relationship I have with my twin sister. Like most sisters we have developed close bond over the year and I value her thoughts and opinions in my life. i wrote this poem for her as a representation of our relationship through my eyes.  I hope this poem captures the connection that twins/sisters can have. A feeling of love,friendship and trust that is developed in a sisterly relationship. An understanding of sisterhood - sisters by chance friends by choice


Twin Poem
Born on the same day,
Born of the same one,
Unique in our way,
Different yet the same,
“Can you hear each other’s thoughts?”
“Can you feel each other’s touch?”
People would make such a fuss
But it really didn’t bother us too much
A bond not easy to explain
It’s stronger than any friendship
Sisterly love in its highest form
Shoulder to shoulder together we walk
Step by step together we go
Hour on end together we talked
And when last hour has come
I can barely remember dear sister, where we began
There nothing about myself that you do not know
So many asked me, “Do you any feel different?”
I answer no
Its a lie I have frequently told
But why I lie I do not know
How could I not feel different?
Flip a coin and you could call it luck
Ask god and he’d say you were his gift to me
But no coin could decide
Nor no faith answer why
A puzzle of two halves
Without you twin there is no me
I look at you and see another version of me 
And weather your in the next room
Or half way across the world 
You always be in my corner
And I’ll always be in yours

4 comments:

  1. Speaking as a twin, this is a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your response haven't been on my blog it a while as you can probably tell.

      however please check out future poems and follow me if you wish

      simply annabell

      Delete
  2. I too have a sister, we are not twins but the feelings shared can't be different. Thank you for sharing.

    Came via poets who blog.
    Glad to visit and the Best Wishes.

    Ankita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have not been on this blog for a while but lovely to come back and see such a nice comment. well be revamping my blog and posting more poems

      please come back and check them out & follow me if you wish

      Delete